Monday, July 21, 2008

Good Math & Education Blogs - Ongoing

I'm going to use this post to keep track of the many blogs I've read and enjoyed. It'll be continuously updated and I'll link to it in a later post whenever I do.

I'm dividing the blogs I read into 3 categories: dead blogs (blogs no longer active) that are worth reading, live blogs, and great blogs. I'll be adding the third category to the sidebar on this page but keeping the first two categories here.

If I put a blog on here I'll add if I have not read through the entire archives. I find going through the archives really valuable for learning about the writer and his/her style. And who says the only useful things are posted the same day I found the blog?

Dead Blogs

Blog of a Math Teacher: Great insight into struggles of new math teachers. Be warned, his career in secondary school ends unhappily and can be depressing. Fortunately, he moved to community college and seemed, as of May 2006, to be happy there.

Live Blogs

Coffee & Graph Paper: This blog is unfortunately slow, because the author writes about conceptual problems her students have, as well as concrete things she does in her classroom that can insipire you.

Continuous Everywhere but Differentiable Nowhere: Another slow but good blog, from a new teacher in a private school. One of the best things about it is that his sister is his major reader and commenter.

Math Notes: A new teacher who writes a lot about her personal experiences in the classroom. A nice read.

No comments: