Monday, November 30, 2009

A Life...What's That?

Something weird happened the week before Thanksgiving...I stopped caring.

Not in a bad way - in a good way.

I got a terrible cold, and did less work the previous week, and then took off Monday so that I only had a two-day workweek before Thanksgiving.

And I think I'm starting my sixth or seventh "re-discovery" of the fact that school =/ life.

Except this time it feels a little different. I recently bought my first house (yay!) and I spent Thanksgiving weekend cleaning and planning and talking to my fiance, and school didn't really ever intrude.

And now that I'm back, I feel good about it. Not good in a "Yay! Time to implement all the things that have been churning in my mind over the weekend!" way. But a "Good. I can have more time to practice teaching calmly."

Part of it, I think, is just considering going back to school for a Masters or Ph.D in math education - it makes me feel like there's an "out." But also, talking to a director at the local university about bringing in the innovative things I've been doing made me realize how much I AM doing.

~ I'm keeping MUCH better track of attendance and tardies. As an example, I had only two absences in first period today (okay, many tardies, but still...) Last year by December I had .... as many as 15 absences in first hour. EVERY DAY.

~ My kids are keeping interactive notebooks.

~ I'm using Visual Instruction Plans.

~ I got another longed-after custom manipulative made. Didn't have much chance to use it, but its ready and was used a little.

~ I made one "Conceptual Minute" video (I'll post it soon) using a new drag-and-drop programming language I taught myself.

~ My grades are current.

~ Most of my students, when asked to list what they wanted changed about class on the back of last week's test, could only come up with my tardy policy.

Okay, enough patting on the back. I've got 2 more classes of tests to grade.

~ Ms. J

27 comments:

三合 said...

成人圖庫,口交技巧,成人18,自慰方法,Fleshlight,情色自拍貼圖,成人情色貼圖,少婦自拍,一夜情聊天,本土av,色情av,av圖片,色情聊天,成人情色網,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,情色少女貼圖,免費視 訊聊天網,av女優18,免費線上視訊fm358,avdvd免費AV女優,女優王國,做愛,無碼影片,情色交友

春天來嚕 said...

great msg for me, thanks a lot dude˙﹏˙

哭泣 said...

很精彩的部落格 期待你的繼續加油........................................

枝妹 said...

gogo成人影片a成人短片尼克成人電影免費觀看成人動畫成人鴛鴦吧尋夢中部聊天室尋夢元聊天是尋夢園大學生尋夢園聊天館尋夢園遊戲尋夢聯盟廁所盜攝免費看援交中壢援交平台援高雄晴色小說無碼日本女優甜心寶貝貼影片區情色大全情色a影片情色人成情色小文學情色小說上看情色小說成人學情色小說圖貼情色小舖情色文張情色文章sex情色文學頁情色文學曼gba真實賽車遊戲下載專區 vul3小遊戲一葉情貼圖片區貼圖片區

鄭明宏 said...

hello~~........................................

羅惠玲 said...

Where theres a will theres a way.......................................................

NicolaSigel0508 said...

聰明的人喜歡猜心 雖然每次都猜對了卻失去了自己的心......................................................

LonnyAa1105podac said...

沒有經過反省的人生,是不值得活的人生 ....................................................

EloisT said...

我們老得太快,卻聰明得太遲。 ....................................................

長卉LisetteC said...

謝謝您的分享~感恩唷!!..................................................

明仲 said...

處順境須謹慎,處逆境要忍耐。........................................

韋于倫成 said...

請繼續發表好文!加油加油再加油!........................................

辰原 said...

5278av影片 洪爺自拍密錄館影音視訊聊天室 a片下載 彩虹視訊交友網 後宮電影線上a片免費看 xvediox 歐美av無碼影片下載 男人幫論壇 av 短片免費看 紅櫻桃愛情小說 援交友留言桃園無碼a片 網愛交友網elove kk777視訊俱樂部 影音視訊聊天室 完美女人視訊聊天室 383成人34c檳榔西施自拍照片 wii無雙遊戲網,電玩快打小遊戲 sex520免費電影 show-live視訊85cc 視訊聊天 18成人貼圖區 新竹援交自拍 qq 美女貼圖片區 ol 線上免費影片 辣妹有約台北援交 視訊交友高雄網 視訊聊天花漾 mmbox視訊網 無碼dvd,夜未眠成人影城 聊天室ilover99 jpkiss 線上成人影片 aio 網路交友愛情館 台灣18成人網 豆豆出租情人視訊 黑澀會美眉的即時通 xx369色女人專用 aaio辣妹視訊 交友聊天室meet520 微風成人vi467 視訊情人辣妹080 18免費成人影城 080視訊聊天室swam 禁忌書屋成人小說網 人妻的秘密結局 百分百成人圖片區 台南視訊 人妻AV影片 av影片,比基尼美女的奶 電話網愛視訊交友 18禁遊戲

韋于倫成 said...

Better late than never. ........................................

惟定志維 said...

What must be must be. ............................................................

佩GailBohanan1蓉 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

reeselane said...

All roads lead to Rome. 堅持自己所選!..................................................

Seth S said...

Hi Ms. J,

I’m writing to suggest the addition of www.school-counselor.org as a resource on your website/blog. This website provides helpful insight into the field of school counseling for those who are performing their career exploration or simply interested in learning more. It seems like it would be a worthy link on your blog.

Hope this is helpful,

Seth Sanford

靖福 said...

世間是非,要如水泥地般水過則乾。..................................................................

淑芬楊 said...

路過看到好的blog,不推對不起自己.................................................................

王瑞 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」......................................................................

韋志韋志 said...

Poverty is stranger to industry.................................................................

靜怡 said...

向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。............................................................

玉婷良DGFHFJ瑋黃吳 said...

Hello~Nice meet you~~............................................................

原秋原秋 said...

Practice makes perfect.............................................................

懿綺懿綺 said...

時間可證明一切~你的BLOG是我覺得不賴的..................................................................

淑蔡承均dgd周真淑ii淑 said...

享受你自己的生活,不要與他人相比。......................................................